Saturday, June 10, 2006

MY MISSION HAS A TEMPLE!

News of the temples: Temple announced for Vancouver, B.C.
A new temple will be built in Vancouver, British Columbia,
the First Presidency announced in a letter to priesthood
leaders May 25.

"8Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10 Bring ye all the tithes• into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows• of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts."

Malachi 3: 8-12

Well seeing the huge reply from my last post, I all know that you are avid basketball fans. But this news is awesome! My Mom called me this morning and and told me of the great news of Vancouver, Canada recieving a temple of the Lord. While serving there three years ago, Elder Bradford from teh 70 came and gave a talk in a priesthood leadership meeting. In reply to the many requests for building a temple, at that time, Elder Bradford said, "IF you are not paying your tithing, then you are not worthy for the temple. If you are not worthy for the temple, then why build a temple." IT was very matter of fact and to the point. It is good to see that now they have been able to "Prove" the Lord in his promise and now the windows of heaven have opened up to the great people of Vancouver, Canada!

3 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Woo hoo! That's great! The work is moving forward.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Amberae said...

I love Vancouver, and temples.... awesome... what a great combination.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger PC said...

I can only imagine what good feelings you must have inside about this. It's great to see the Lord's blessings poured out, especially on the people you served!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home