Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Which one will take it home?



Mavericks verses the Heat
Lemon's view at the Title

In cheering for teams, I normally choose the underdog or the one that has not got the title, Super Bowl, or Cub Scout Pine Wood Derby. But this time of year brings such joy to my heart with the basketball fever that runs through so many sports fans veins. Since I have no real tie to Miami or to Dallas, this year I looked at both of the teams to find one to cheer for. When the bracket first came out, I filled it out and surprised myself to have the Heat win it all. Eastern Conference, I was pretty close, but Western Conference I was way off. So now I am just going to look at the two teams we have left. The Heat are ranked 2nd and the Mavericks are ranked 4th, but how does one really choose the underdog. Each franchise has never been to the big Title game. So lets look at the players. The Heat has well seasoned NBA Finals player Shaquille O'Neil, Gary Payton, and Head Coach Pat Riley. THe Mavericks have the Finals MVP Power Forward Dirk Nowitski and new head coach Avery Johnson as of March 2005 (won title with the Admiral in San Antonio in the late 90's). So here is my break down of what I think is going to happen, please comment what you think will happen if there are any sports fans out there. I say Mavericks will win it in Five games. I know that is against my original guess, but that is where I think it is going to go. Mavericks are going to have to stop Shaq and D. Wade. Plain and simple. Defense will be the biggest thing for D. Diop. Looking at his stats that is all we can hope for since there really is no offense (Average 2.2 Points). I know that is easier said than done in stoppping Shaq. It is like me trying to stop T.J. from taking one to the hole. It is possible either with a crow bar to T.J.'s knee or I just take one for the team by taking a trip to the ICU along the way. Offense wise they lean alot on Nowitski, which I think he will deliver. I know that I am not a very knowledgable sports fan that knows alot about the sport, but I like to watch it. So here is Lemon's view on the TITLE. Let's wait and see.

2 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Amberae said...

Richard, that was a great post. GO MAVERICKS! haha, its so fun to hang with you. thanks a billion trillion.... barillion...

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Lemon said...

Barillion?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home